Friday, June 21, 2013

The Right Voice

When I first decided to go this different route, I couldn't imagine how to share the personal, spiritual thoughts I had written in app papers before (when it was only one or two people I knew well reading it). I just felt I had to find a way and made the posts less visible while doing so.

In writing this first blog app paper, I've figured out a "voice" that feels like it keeps sacred things sacred and yet bears witness of what I believe and the evidences of God in my life. So I don't feel so. . . shy about it now.



When I finish and post one of my "application process" chains they'll always come as several posts linked together and published the same day.

There will be a link on the right of the page at likentolife.blogspot.com to get you to the first part of each "app paper" which should be helpful as time goes on and the app paper posts mix with other kinds of posts. Links inside the post will help navigate from there.

Lastly, I challenge you to try this application process in your own life if you have never tried it.  There is something special about this process. It's more than reading scripture. More than writing. The elements I was taught by my mentor are described here: http://www.likentolife.blogspot.com/2013/06/how-this-will-flow.html.  For me, doing that amplifies, speeds up,  and expands my ability to come to deeper understanding (not just in my mind, but in my heart). It is the greatest aid I've found of becoming "converted" to truths one truth at a time, line upon line.  Maybe reading someone else's journey will encourage you to try it if you haven't.  That's my hope.